Pros and Cons to a Tankless Water Heater
August 22, 2022
We know you’ve been thinking about it – should you invest in a tankless water heater? They’re one of the more remarkable tools to make your home more energy efficient. Tankless water heaters instantly generate hot water, whereas standard water heaters continuously heat water. This means that tankless water heaters end up using less energy over time. But there are more pros and cons to a tankless water heater than just energy efficiency.
- Your water is hot – instantly.
- They have a longer lifespan than standard heaters (approximately 20 years).
- There is a lower monthly cost and can save you money in the long run.
- They’re small and can save space compared to a standard heater.
- There is no “standby loss” from water being hot but not used.
- You never run out of hot water.
- You’re able to get electric and gas models.
- They have more extended warranties.
- They’re perfect for smaller homes that use less hot water.
- They can be installed inside or outside
- You have less chance of water damage versus tank-type water heaters
- Temperatures can be inconsistent.
- There is a higher installation cost.
- The water supply is limited to the amount of hot water the unit can produce
- You usually need additional equipment.
- Non-traditional setups mean that gas lines may have to be rerouted.
- It can take years to pay itself off.
- You can save as much money by changing your water habits as you can by going tankless.
- There are other options – like solar heating – that are available.
- Tankless water heaters need to be flushed out at least every four years
- Some tank-type water heaters ads also efficient
Whatever you decide to do when it comes to your water heater, Eastern Plumbing is here to help. Our staff is trained and certified to install various water heaters, including standard and tankless heaters. Whether you have questions about which water heater is best for you, have a plumbing emergency, or are looking for a drain cleaning, Eastern Plumbing is here. Call us today at 252-758-7579 or visit easternplumbingonline.com.