Plumbing Facts Than Can Cause a Leak in Your Bank Account
March 23, 2023
At Eastern Plumbing, we are experts in all things plumbing related. Over the past 25 years, we have seen it all and picked up a lot of information along the way. Here are some facts and tips to help prevent your plumbing issues from draining your banking account.
Did you know?
- A running toilet can waste up to five gallons of water per minute. Talk about an increase in your water bill!
- Installing a low-flush toilet can save up to 18,000 gallons of water per year.
- The average US household consumes 38% of their water usage just by flushing the toilet.
- A faucet that drips just one time per second wastes more than 3,000 gallons of water per year.
- In the US, an average family of four will go through approximately 400 gallons of water each day.
- You should set your water heater to no hotter than 120 degrees F to prevent scalding and save on your energy bills.
- 95% of the water that enters your home goes down the drain.
- The typical household wastes more than 9,000 gallons of water while waiting for hot water.
- And, up to 15% of your yearly water heating costs can be wasted heating those extra 9,000 gallons!
- A tankless water heater only heats water you use, which means they save you money.
- Showering uses less water than an average bath and installing low-flow showerheads can help you conserve water and save money.
- Insulating your pipes can help decrease heat loss which can also save you money.
- And, last but not least, we recommend having a plumber check your pipes at least once, if not twice per year.
At Eastern Plumbing, our plumbing knowledge goes beyond just obscure plumbing facts, we have the tools and experience you need to solve all of your plumbing problems. As a “locally owned, family-owned plumber,” Eastern Plumbing has always been focused on taking your plumbing issues seriously. We treat your plumbing problems as if they are our own.
To schedule plumbing repairs in Pitt County and the surrounding areas, contact us online at easternplumbingonline.com or give us a call at (252) 758-7579.